Monday, August 3, 2009

Shunt Surgery

Annabelle Grace Flower Summers

We are sitting in the lobby of Long Beach Memorial Medical Center right now waiting for our precious daughter to come out of her 2nd surgery in less than a week. I have never felt such pain in my heart as I did earlier today (4:30 pm) when we had to follow her incubator down the hall, down into the elevator and through the double doors at the bottom of the hospital where the operations are performed.

We are so scared. I am literally nauseous right now. I know that she is in good hands - great hands actually. I know that God is with her and that he will protect her but I can't help but worry. I am sitting here facing the doors where Dr. Javahery will soon emerge and give us the news about the surgery. I am anxious and scared.

It's amazing how much you can love someone who has only been a part of your life for such a short time. Our sweet little girl has only been here for 5 days but she is already a HUGE part of our lives. She has already made such an impact on us. We are confident that she will make us a better, stronger family and we are so grateful that the Lord has blessed us with her.

They stopped her feedings at midnight last night so our poor baby has been without food for quite a while. We figure if she is anything like her mother (which we think she is) she MUST be starving! We have been cuddling her non-stop today to try and keep her mind off her hunger. She has been a real trooper. She slept most of the day only waking for diaper changes and the occasional gassy smile. Of course, the day she looks the cutest the battery on our camera died. These pictures were taking on the camera while waiting to be called to surgery. The came out so cute we had to share.


7 comments:

cielorothphoto said...

Thinking about you guys. She is gorgeous. Love the video - totally made me cry.

Cielo

Leigh and Andy said...

Thinking and praying for you guys! Hang in there, once she is home and surgeries are over, things get MUCH easier!! :)

The Beard Family of 5 said...

she's so beautiful! I can't wait to hold her! You are inspiring! xoxo

Peanut & Bean's Parents said...

Annabelle is gorgeous. She looks just like Daddy. Your family is in my thoughts.

Paurvi Trivedi said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Annabelle is beautiful, and we can't wait to meet her!

Christina said...

Congratulations you guys- Annabelle is so sweet. We are praying for all of you during this overwhelming time.

ErinBW said...

Yeah! I'm so happy to see the pics. She is really lovely.