Saturday, March 13, 2010

The beach makes everything better

February 22, 2010

It had been one of those mornings and I knew something needed to change to make it a better day. I told the kids to pack up their sand toys we were going to the beach! You should have seen their faces, you would have thought I told them there was an elephant in the front room. They were excited and shocked at the same time. I take the kids a lot of places, really I do, but I have never taken all 3 to the beach - ON MY OWN!!!

I did it and it was GREAT! We had a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again.

"At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun."- Unknown

Check out our set up. I brought it all - rolled the stroller right down on the sand, had the Bumbo seat (which she didn't even use) and the pop up tent (which was a total life saver!)


I nursed Annabelle right when we got there and she took a nice 45 minute nap in the tent

Benjamin enjoyed digging and building sand castles. Yes, he has started wearing his shirts backwards again. What can you do? Thank goodness he's cute.

My sweeties pie Jack, wearing his favorite shirt that he got at the Jana Alayra concert

Getting ready to get their toes wet

The boys trying so hard to pull in the buoys. I loved watching them work together.

Jack writing his name in the sand.

Finally in the water! Once they were in they didn't want to get out

Yes, Benjamin got soaked and had to ride home in his undies - he didn't mind

After Annabelle woke, she enjoyed snuggling with me in the Ergo

It was a beautiful day! We were there for about 3 hours, but could have stayed much longer. Unfortunately I ran out of change to pay the meter. Next time I will plan better. Although, one of the cool things about the day was that it wasn't planned, we just did it. When I sent Branden a text and picture of us at the beach he was so happy (I'm sure a bit jealous too) and excited that we made the most of the beautiful day.

2 comments:

Crooked Moon Mama said...

Gonna try to meet you guys tomorrow! Looks fun. :)

Four Flights said...

I am thoroughly impressed. WOW! Even the Bumbo?!?